Are you interested in being a Pet Foster Parent?
The Humane Society of Genesee Count has an ongoing need for our volunteers that are interested in fostering pets. These are animals that have been brought to us that may be in need of bottle feeding, medical treatment or housing until they can be put up for adoption. This is a great way to make a difference in the lives of an animals that need a little extra tender loving care prior to being adopted into their new permanent home! Time commitment varies depending on the needs of the animal.
Requirements for volunteers who want to foster are:
- Must be an active Humane Society of Genesee County
- You must have a minimum of 10 documented HSGC volunteer hours
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must have strong understanding of basic animal health care
- You must be able to provide proper housing and care for your foster pet
- Attend our pet fostering volunteer training workshop (date TBA)
*To become a volunteer for HSGC, please view our home page and click on “Programs”, then “Volunteering,”