Thank you for your interest in adopting a pet from the HSGC. We have a large variety of dogs, cats, rabbits and other small animals that are available for adoption from our shelter. By adopting from the HSGC, you are not only supporting your local shelter, you are receiving your new pet at a low cost with many extras as described below.Please take a look at the adoption process below. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us @ 810 744 0511.
- Dogs: start at $75
- Puppies: start at $150
- Cats: start at $25
- Kittens: $100
Adoption Fee’s Include
- First round of temporary vaccinations
- First health exam certificate from participating vet clinic
- First application of heartworm/flea protection, heartworm testing on dogs and puppies over the ages of 6 months
- Feline Leukemia testing on cats and kittens
- Adoption packet including valuable coupons, training video and other helpful items
- Many have been microchipped!
- Also, senior citizens may adopt qualified pets at no cost through our Golden Friendship program.
- Adopter must be at least 18 years of age
- Adopter must provide landlord approval or provide proof of home ownership
- Adopter must provide proof of current vaccinations for all other animals in home
- Entire families encouraged to visit
- On site dog-dog introductions required
- All applications subject to approval by an adoption advisor
Pick out your Pet
All of our friends need a home and can’t wait to see you. Please take a look at our current roster.
After you choose a pet get its name and come on over the Humane Society of Genesee County to meet your new friend.
Adoption Hours are: Weekdays 12pm-6pm and Saturday 10am-4pm.
Note: Because of the frequency in which our animals come and go we cannot guarantee that the animal listed on this website will be ready for adoption. Please call us if you have any questions. 810-744-0511.